sbobet แจกเครดิตฟรี RightNation.US sbobet แจกเครดิตฟรี
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

w88 ฝากเงิน _การ พนัน ออนไลน์ ฝาก ขั้น ต่ำ 100_ดาวน์โหลดแอป_เล่นสลอตให้ได้ฟรีเกม_การพนันบอล หมายถึง

sbobet แจกเครดิตฟรีJump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

McConnell Blocks Bill To Protect Robert Mueller Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

McConnell Blocks Bill To Protect Robert Mueller

Washington Examiner
by Kelly Cohen
November 14, 2018 04:19 PM

Excerpt:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday rejected legislation from Sen. Jeff Flake aimed at protecting special counsel Robert Mueller from being fired by President Trump.

Flake, R-Ariz., and several other senators are worried that Trump's decision to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions is a sign Trump might soon try to move against Mueller, who is investigating Trump's alleged ties to Russia during the 2016 election. Trump's new acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, has also said previously he's opposed to the Mueller investigation, which has raised more fears that Mueller's work could be stopped.

But when Flake asked the Senate to quickly pass the bill by unanimous consent, it was blocked by McConnell, R-Ky., who objected without making any additional comment on the Senate floor.

"I object," McConnell said.

Unanimous consent allows the Senate to quickly pass legislation that isn't controversial. Bills can also be passed through regular order, but that requires support from the Senate majority, and McConnell has made it clear he opposes the bill. Earlier in the day, McConnell said the bill is unnecessary.

“As you can imagine, I talk to the president fairly often,?McConnell told reporters. “He’s given no indication the Mueller investigation will not be allowed to finish.?br />
“We know how the president feels about the Mueller investigation, but he’s never said he wants to shut it down," he added.

Still, several other GOP senators have said they could support it, including Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, and the legislation’s co-sponsors, Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Thom Tillis of North Carolina.

Graham and Tillis introduced the legislation in mid-2017, and it passed out of the Senate Judiciary Committee in April.

The bill holds that Mueller can only be fired for good cause by a Senate-confirmed Justice Department official, and it would create a 10-day review process that would let Mueller seek expedited judicial review if Trump tries to get rid of him. The bill would also block a decision to fire Mueller if that move were found to be in violation of the good-cause condition.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

"Separation of Powers".

The Flake from AZ can kiss my shiny-white ass on Capitol Hill. Even WITHOUT McConnell blocking it, this would have gone nowhere.

Word to Jeff Flake: I'll spot you the cash to buy the length of rope that it it takes to rid this Republic of your pestilence. Or, in my best W C Fields voice: "Go away, boy, you bother me".

4Q2

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users